Bursary Schemes now available
Avenue House School is offering two local children prized places at the school.
We're looking for two Year 1 pupils to be awarded up to a 100% discount on tuition fees, starting this coming September.
The bursary scheme is now open for applications and is aimed at parents who believe their child will benefit from an education at the school but are prevented from joining for financial reasons.
Children will be required to undertake an informal assessment to identify potential. We hope to ensure that financial assistance will be offered to those children who show the potential not only to benefit from an Avenue House education but also to contribute positively to school life academically and perhaps with other talents - in sports, music, art or drama - in order to further enrich the school community.
The new bursary scheme process is as follows:
- We ask parents/guardians to make an appointment to come and visit us at Avenue House.
- We will make arrangements to assess the child.
- Parents/guardians are required to complete a bursary application form, which seeks to establish the financial circumstances of the household.
- The Headteacher identifies those children who are likely to make sound academic progress following admission and possess the potential to develop the quality of his or her work and benefit from participation in the wider, extra-curricular activities of the school.
- All bursary applications are then processed by an external specialist Bursary company who will report their findings to our Governors.
- Places at Avenue House, and the level of financial support to be provided are awarded at the discretion of the Governors. Parents/guardians are notified accordingly.
For further information on our new bursary scheme please contact the Headteacher, Justin Sheppard on 020 8998 9981.
“Pupils have developed an excellent awareness, respect and appreciation of others.”
© Independent Schools Inspectorate 2010